Mountain Shadows Montessori School realizes that many families make sacrifices in order to provide a private school education for their child. On an annual basis, a budgeted amount of dollars is allocated to provide tuition assistance to families demonstrating financial need.
The school uses Independent School Management’s FAST (Financial Aid for School Tuition) to help determine how to best allocate the budgeted tuition assistance dollars. FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service and recommends to the school how much a family should be able to contribute towards tuition.
Tuition Assistance Policies
- Tuition assistance is awarded to students based on the family’s demonstrated financial need (annual tuition less the expected family’s financial contribution).
- To be considered, new students must have an application on file. Returning families must be in good financial standing with the school.
- Tuition assistance is awarded for one year. Families may reapply annually.
- The tuition assistance awards are anonymous.
- Financial information is kept confidential.
- Tuition assistance can only be applied to academic tuition—this does not include deposits, late fees, class material fees, extended hours, activity days, class trips, etc.
- Spaces are not reserved for students applying for tuition assistance until signed enrollment contracts and deposits are received.
- Tuition assistance dollars are held by the school and paid as tuition payments become due.
- If a family’s payments (i.e., deposits, tuition) become past due, tuition assistance may be revoked.
Procedures for Families
- Submit your Tuition Assistance Request Form to the Business Office.
- Click on the “FAST” button below and fill out the self-guided online application. Online e-mail and a 24/7 helpline is provided—please do not call the school with questions.
- All your financial information should be entered directly through the secure server.
- In cases of separation or divorce, both the custodial and non-custodial parents must submit complete information about the financial resources of parents and step-parents (if any)
- Additional documents requested (including a copy of the most recent tax return) must be mailed directly to FAST. Processing can not be completed until this information is received and verified by FAST.
- Within 10 days of issuance of a tuition assistance award, the family must return the signed acceptance letter and signed enrollment contract, and pay the non-refundable deposit.
- Upon acceptance of the contract and deposit, a space will be reserved for your child.