Mountain Shadows Montessori School realizes that many families must make sacrifices in order to contribute to their children’s education expenses. The Board of Directors annually allocates a certain amount of aid to the Tuition Assistance committee and gives guidelines about how this need-based aid should be divided.
In order for us to allocate our resources wisely and fairly, we have enlisted the help of Independent School Management’s FAST (Financial Aid for School Tuition) program. FAST provides a need-based financial aid analysis service and provides the school with a report, which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition.
Tuition Assistance Policies
- Aid is available to students based on the family’s financial need (cost of tuition less the expected family financial contribution).
- The maximum amount of financial aid awarded is 50% of the tuition fee.
- To be considered: new students must have an application on file. Returning families must be in good financial standing with the school.
- Aid is given for one year. Families may reapply each year.
- The tuition assistance awards are anonymous.
- Every attempt will be made to keep the financial information confidential.
- Tuition assistance can only be applied to academic tuition—this does not include deposits, late fees, class material fees, before/after school childcare, activity days, class trips, etc.
- Spaces are not reserved for students applying for aid until completed enrollment contracts and deposits are received.
- Aid dollars are held by the school and paid as tuition payments become due.
- If a family’s payments (i.e., deposits, tuition and/or childcare) become past due, tuition assistance may be revoked.
Procedures for Families
- Submit your Tuition Assistance Request Form to the Business Office.
- Click on the “FAST” button below and fill out the self-guided online application. Online e-mail and a 24/7 helpline is provided—please do not call the school with questions.
- All your financial information should be entered directly through the secure server.
- In cases of separation or divorce, both the custodial and non-custodial parents must submit complete information about the financial resources of parents and step-parents (if any)
- Additional documents requested (including a copy of the most recent tax return) must be mailed directly to FAST. Processing can not be completed until this information is received.
- Within 10 days of issuance of a financial aid offer, the family must return the signed acceptance letter, the signed enrollment contract, and pay the non-refundable deposit.
- Upon acceptance of the contract and deposit, a space will be reserved for your child.