- Toddlers must be at least 12 months old and be confident walkers to enter the Young Child’s Community.
- Primary-aged children must be at least 2 1/2 years old, and it is desirable that children are using the toilet independently.
- Enrollment and additional required forms must be completed and submitted to the school prior to a child starting classes.
- In making admissions decisions, we give preference to families whose goals and intentions for their children align with the Montessori philosophy and who embrace the long-term value of a Montessori education.
The program teachers recommend class placement for children moving up to the next level. The head of school approves all final placements for students.
Priority admission and placements are given to:
- Siblings of our MSMS families;
- Children with prior Montessori classroom experience;
- Mountain Shadows family referrals.
Enrollment for the following school year begins with the re-enrollment contracts, which are issued in January. Re-enrollment contracts will not be issued to families whose accounts with the school are not current.
Due with the signed contract is the first part of the non-refundable tuition deposit. The balance of the tuition deposit is due July 1. Pre-payment of tuition is due by August 1 and monthly payments are due August 1 to May 1. Class spaces are not held or reserved for a current child enrolled at Mountain Shadows Montessori School until a signed contract and deposit have been received.
Siblings might not be assigned to the same classroom to promote the development of independence for each child. Exceptions based on program need and/or space availability are made on a family-by-family basis by the head of school and teachers.